• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Electronic Throttle Control

Runnin2Wild

Jan 23, 2023
Truck Year
I have a 2015 Ram ecodiesel. I bought it with 87,000 and didn't have any issues till recently(101,000 miles) when the Electronic Throttle Control light came on and went into limp mode. I had it towed to the dealer for the warranty and they're waiting on a part that requires removing the starter(not sure what part that would be). The dealer has a list of things already repaired on the truck and the EGR has already been replaced. The truck has been at the dealership for 2 weeks waiting on the part. I hope the part fixes the problem as this could drag on for more than a month if they have to keep ordering/waiting for parts chasing the problem. Not sure if I should get out of the truck or stick with it. It is under warranty but I don't like the idea of being stranded out of the blue. Might be looking for an old '92 7.3L Ford or older Dodge Cummins, basically any diesel prior to 2010(except the Chevy 6.4).