• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Electronic throttle

Johnclaypool

Feb 23, 2020
Truck Year
I got a light to service the electronic electronic throttle control my truck will slowly build up speed but will not go by 4000 rpm I’m tired of taking this truck to the dealer is there anything anyone knows of this problem

GearHead

Sep 13, 2016
Truck Year
I got a light to service the electronic electronic throttle control my truck will slowly build up speed but will not go by 4000 rpm I’m tired of taking this truck to the dealer is there anything anyone knows of this problem
This code will send your truck into Limp Home Mode which unfortunately stops the active regen cycle which causes a whole new set of issues. I would not recommend driving the vehicle at all. Options are purchase an adequate scan tool and learn to discern if you have an issue or not and clear the code yourself, the dealer, or an independent with the factory WiTech scan tool and a good understanding of the VM ecodiesel. A good dealer with a good technician is a must for satisfactory owner experience.

There are multiple threads on this code as it seems to be a common issue, there are 80+ conditions or sensors that can trigger this code. The most common are a dirty MAP sensor, a clogged EGR diffuser, and poor connections at sensors. My truck suffered this code periodically, as a mechanic I carried a scanner and once I tripped the code I would pull over and scan, reset, continue to scan live info to determine any issues, most were loose connections, fixed with dielectric grease. Ultimate cure was a tune.