• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Engine failure

Laurel West

Apr 22, 2019
Truck Year
Friday May 3rd got our 2014 Ram 1500 eco diesel back from the dealer. $2200.00 dollars later we had a new turbo coolant line installed. Monday head out to our first job less than 50 miles and the engine just quits on the interstate, nothing running. It will not restart. Have it towed back to the dealer. Just called them to see what they found service manager gets on the line they have 2 pages of codes starting with crank shaft sensor. He will call back in the morning, not sounding good.

cs in Alabama

Feb 21, 2019
Truck Year
here is what i see: "back from the dealer" - "$2200.00 dollars turbo coolant line" (means pulling the intake, fuel lines, etc.) - "50 miles and the engine just quits"

Not that I am Sherlock Holmes, but I suspect the dealer's mechanic screwed up the coolant line replacement. I would watch out for a major effort to cover their ass.

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
WELCOME TO THE FORUM sorry for your problems did they give u a list of the codes?

Laurel West

Apr 22, 2019
Truck Year
The latest. Because the dealer did not import the truck properly from Canada I do not have a warranty. 5 days and counting on repair. Costing me a lot of money as this is my work truck.