• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Engine let go

Ram_Diesel_power

Feb 3, 2024
Truck Year
After 90k my 2015 has let me down. Ive owned it since it had 20k on it. I’ve always used rotella t6 and changed it every 6k miles. It must of spun a bearing. Motor sounds horrible and silver flecks now on the oil dipstick and reads no oil pressure. Who makes a built motor. I’ve got full emissions delete. I just won’t a motor that will last if it’s taken care of. My old 93 dodge with a 5.9 Cummins has 358k on it. WTH. New stuff is awful disappointing. Looking for a good crate motor.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
It's the inherited risk all VM 3.0 engine incur Hero/Zero status. It will be costly and time consuming to repalce, the replacement will have the same risk.

Waterboy

Jan 7, 2024
Truck Year
It's the inherited risk all VM 3.0 engine incur Hero/Zero status. It will be costly and time consuming to repalce, the replacement will have the same risk.
Is there a replacement oil pump that would give more oil pressure at lower rpm’s?

malquid

Feb 6, 2021
Truck Year
Is there a replacement oil pump that would give more oil pressure at lower rpm’s?
You could do that I suppose but that is not the problem. Not is emissions, how you drive , the oil you use or how meticulous you are. It has to do with linebore sloppiness, torsional flexing of the crank, skinny bearings and if your truck was built on a Tuesday.
it would sure be nice if FCA fessed up and a class action took over the repairs.
sorry about the loss.