• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Engine motor staying on all the time and overheating

jcshazmo

Sep 24, 2019
Truck Year
When I reached 20000 miles on my truck, took it in to dealership and they did an oil change and there was a computer update at that time. After they updated computer, I started having problems with the engine. The engine fan would constantly come on and the engine would get hot. I noticed it more when I was pulling a cargo trailer. I recently bought a pontoon boat and it does the same thing with it. Now, the engine fan comes on if I'm pulling or not. Took it into dealership last Wednesday because the engine fan came on after the temperature was over 240 and temperature kept rising and the engine overheated and the red lights came on and after a few seconds, the lights went off but the engine fan continued to stay on. Normally when you stopped at a stop light or sign, the motor would come to a stop. It stays on all the time now. It seems like no one knows how to work on these trucks. What do you do? Who do you take it to? I need help. This is my second eco diesel. The first one was perfect!

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
welcome 2 the group. what do u mean the motor would stop. what year is the truck

jcshazmo

Sep 24, 2019
Truck Year
I'm sorry. I meant the engine fan would stop when you stopped at a signal light or stop sign.

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
is the tank full of antifreeze [above the seam] by a 1/4 inch

jcshazmo

Sep 24, 2019
Truck Year
It is a 2018. I have 26000 miles on it. I will check on the antifreeze