• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Engine oil Bypass filter

Brokedownbutgood

Apr 17, 2016
Truck Year
I agree with the amsoil system and great info!! I'm concerned with warranty compliance! I need to find a dealer that will install it and agree it does not violate warranty if there was a mechanical issue!

Fca is who makes warranty decisions not individual dealerships. The best thing would be to install it yourself. Then remove it if something were to happen.

Pooky

Jul 11, 2017
Truck Year
Fca is who makes warranty decisions not individual dealerships. The best thing would be to install it yourself. Then remove it if something were to happen.
I agree as far as who makes the ultimate decision if they are pulled into the loop!!! After 30 years of dealing with motor vehicle warranty issues a large majority of issues are non related to a non stock part. The catch is always do you have an intelligent shop enough to know that! Can't tell you how many times I've seen warranty claims declined for transmission issues because of a non stock exhaust or intake. Just because the shop included the modifications on warranty claim form. It's wrong but it costs money to fight these things! What are your thoughts on deleting the def and other emission systems? Thanks

Brokedownbutgood

Apr 17, 2016
Truck Year
The dealership is required to include any modifications to the vehicle. When they submit the warranty claim. Some well turn a blind eye but thats just asking for trouble on there behalf. Personally I just threw my warranty away I'd rather the dealership not touch it anyways. My truck has no emissions equipment on it, if that tells you anything.

Pooky

Jul 11, 2017
Truck Year
The dealership is required to include any modifications to the vehicle. When they submit the warranty claim. Some well turn a blind eye but thats just asking for trouble on there behalf. Personally I just threw my warranty away I'd rather the dealership not touch it anyways. My truck has no emissions equipment on it, if that tells you anything.
When you ripped off the emissions did you throw codes etc? How did it effect mileage and how it performs? Love to know what equipment you are using such as exhaust tuner etc!!! Thanks

Brokedownbutgood

Apr 17, 2016
Truck Year
Had my ecm tuned before I installed my flo pro race pipes. No codes or issues. My fuel economy has gone up about 1.7 mpg after tuning and deleting. I've tried two different tunes the two most popular tuning companies for our ecodiesels. There are both excellent you cant really go wrong either way.

DWalker

Feb 26, 2018
Truck Year
The easiest way to install a bypass oil filtration system (Amsoil's is the best imo) would be to use the diagnostic port on the passenger side head for the oil supply. Or you could install an aftermarket oil cooler setup and use Amsoil's dual remote bypass system.

DWalker

Feb 26, 2018
Truck Year
Is there anyway you could either describe where I find the diganoistic port on passenger side or take a pic of where it is located? Also, where do you run the return line too? My oil cap is not flat to receive the swivel connection. I have looked around for an after market oil cap that is flat that could be modified but I haven't found one.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Brokedownbutgood

Apr 17, 2016
Truck Year
Its a small plug on the passenger side cylinder head towards the front. Unfortunately I dont have any pictures of its exact location or size. But it takes a allen head to remove it. The drain line might be tricky but you could tap into the fill neck itself instead of the cap.

DWalker

Feb 26, 2018
Truck Year
Its a small plug on the passenger side cylinder head towards the front. Unfortunately I dont have any pictures of its exact location or size. But it takes a allen head to remove it. The drain line might be tricky but you could tap into the fill neck itself instead of the cap.

Thanks for the infor......I will check that out. I definitely want to install the Amsoil BMK21 bypass filter unit. Also, did you install an Amsoil unit on your truck?

Brokedownbutgood

Apr 17, 2016
Truck Year
Mainly because it is part of my remote oil cooler setup eventually I would like to replace the stock filter with a stainless steel mesh and just clean it to lower cost. Im going to be contacting a different company about building a custom oil cooler then I might change the whole setup again.

DWalker

Feb 26, 2018
Truck Year
I called Amsoil and the tech dept said to use the universal system. I need to find a competent shop / installer before I do it. I am comfortable doing most things but this is pretty critical to have it done right! FS2500 makes a kit but it's double the money!!
Did you ever get the Amsoil oil by pass system installed? If so, how did it work out? Where did you tap in to on engine for oil supply and oil return?

jokirkev

Jan 2, 2021
Truck Year
Is anyone running a bypass oil filter on their truck? If so, what system are you using?

I would like to use an amsoil bypass system, but it looks like they are primarily made for the powerstroke and duramax crowd.
I emailed Amsoil and they shared they do NOT have a product for our truck.

RC24

Apr 10, 2021
Truck Year
Just following to see what's what. I definitely like the idea of a second oil filter and am curious what others are doing.

CAVEMANN

Jan 5, 2020
Truck Year
I think a FRANTZ kit will be cheaper & they have been around a long time.