• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Engine stalls when below 30 right after start-up

KnowFear

Nov 28, 2019
Truck Year
I'm having an issue with the engine stalling after start-up and running for 1-2 seconds when it's below 30 degrees outside. I can hit the start button a 2nd time and it will start right up and keep running. If I used the OEM remote start it will not allow me to try and restart it remotely, I have to go out to the truck and do it. I thought it possibly needed to be plugged in, but the owners manual states when its -20 or colder. The other thing I've noticed is that it doesn't like to shift nice when the trans temp is below 75 degrees. It shifts so hard sometimes between 1-2 or 2-3 (I'm not use which) that wants to die and throws the battery light and the dash says it's going into battery saver mode. I have the SFT stage 1 ECM & TCM so I'm wondering if that's what's causing these issues. When I bought it the dealership sales person said it always started right up for her with no issues in the cold before I bought it here in December and they are up in northern WI.

Has anyone else encountered this or have any suggestions? I will be reaching out to SFT as well to see if they have any suggestions or maybe their tune needs tweaking for the cold weather up here in MN vs the southern states. I do use Stanadyne Performance Formula additive.

Ecopete

Dec 27, 2019
Truck Year
Hi, have you resolved any issues by now?
Could wonder if theres a sensor not reading right for temp.

Ecopete

Dec 27, 2019
Truck Year
Also, is the engine light on? It wont run on remote start if it is......

KnowFear

Nov 28, 2019
Truck Year
I got an update from SFT, but I still have the issue although it is better. The warm-ups idle is higher and it shifts while driving when it's not up to temperature. So there is improvement with the updated flash but still work to do.