• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Engine won't start after layup.

KE5HHR

May 24, 2022
Truck Year
Hi all you ran ecodiesel friends. Thank you for letting me join.

I have a 2015 ram ecodiesel with 78000 miles on it that I parked for 3 months outside with the battery disconnected. When I returned it did not start, only a short rrrm sound. All the lights and radio work but it wouldn't turn over. I tried jumping the battery and removed the battery and charged it but still no effect.

The battery is the original so I got a new one. Ready to install. I should mention that I live in a remote location and needed to fly to Anchorage to get a new battery.

My question is is there something else I should get while I am here in the land of plenty to help get my truck started?

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
We'll its to late to tell Ya, this is not the engine for remote operation. leaving it sit for 3 months creates all sorts of problems, and likely will required someone who knows the work arounds.... AK is a long ways from MN.

First check the in tank pump, remove the COV Cascade overflow valve and turn key to run, if fuel flows abundantly threw the ports the in tank pump is likely OK, or use the return port on the CP4 and measure the pressure it should be above 55psi.

KE5HHR

May 24, 2022
Truck Year
Thank you. Hopefully it's just the battery. I think you are right. I'll move the truck to the road system if I get it going.