• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Error Code P2002 Question

danfill

Jan 25, 2020
Truck Year
I have yet another mechanical issue popping up with the worst truck I have ever owned! I have owned this truck since new & every year since 2015 it spends 6 to 8 weeks a year in the repair shop. But here is my current issue. My 2015 EcoDiesel: check engine light flashed on a couple of days ago while out on a day trip with the kids. The next morning I connected my scan gauge to the truck & returned an error code of P2002. I read that it has something to do with the Diesel Particulate Filter but doesn't seem to be a total engine failure and read you can keep driving the truck without doing any real harm to the drive train.

My dealer has me scheduled out 3 weeks before I can bring the truck in. Since I made the appointment the check engine light has turned off & the error cleared without me doing anything on my scanner other than just reading the error code.

My question is, has anyone else experienced this? In reading other posts about this P2002 code, it looks like many are jumping down rabbet holes chasing this problem.

Would appreciate any insight anyone might be able to share.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Danfill , you had better place the 3.0 in stationary De-soot soon or its going to strand you and cost $1000s to repair.

I would put it in Stationary De-soot until it pass the sniff test, Likely 2 to 3 Times consecutively .

danfill

Jan 25, 2020
Truck Year
Danfill , you had better place the 3.0 in stationary De-soot soon or its going to strand you and cost $1000s to repair.

I would put it in Stationary De-soot until it pass the sniff test, Likely 2 to 3 Times consecutively .
OK - How do I do this? I'm not familiar with this term. Is there a YouTube video or something like that?

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
You need ALFA and The MX OBD2, ALFA requires some knowledge, its very powerful Tool, its equal to WITECH for many things.

danfill

Jan 25, 2020
Truck Year
You need ALFA and The MX OBD2, ALFA requires some knowledge, its very powerful Tool, its equal to WITECH for many things.
Thank you for your help on this. I get these things & run the process you mentioned.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
ALFA IMO is Mandatory for ALL Rams/FCA Vehicles, Double that for Ram Diesels.

Osample

Jan 28, 2023
Truck Year

TC Diesel, would you explain the sniff test? I am dealing with the code P2002 currently, there seems to be no real easy answer regarding this code. Will a reflash of PCM possibly fix?

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Its sinks, when placed in Stationary de-soot, just placing the vehicle 1 time in stationary de-soot will NOT always clean it sufficiently. I will continue de-sooting until the smell is gone. Hard to say on re-setting or re-flashing, it works at times.

Dream Big

Feb 1, 2017
Truck Year
I have yet another mechanical issue popping up with the worst truck I have ever owned! I have owned this truck since new & every year since 2015 it spends 6 to 8 weeks a year in the repair shop. But here is my current issue. My 2015 EcoDiesel: check engine light flashed on a couple of days ago while out on a day trip with the kids. The next morning I connected my scan gauge to the truck & returned an error code of P2002. I read that it has something to do with the Diesel Particulate Filter but doesn't seem to be a total engine failure and read you can keep driving the truck without doing any real harm to the drive train.

My dealer has me scheduled out 3 weeks before I can bring the truck in. Since I made the appointment the check engine light has turned off & the error cleared without me doing anything on my scanner other than just reading the error code.

My question is, has anyone else experienced this? In reading other posts about this P2002 code, it looks like many are jumping down rabbet holes chasing this problem.

Would appreciate any insight anyone might be able to share.
Look, man. This forum isn’t for gashing the Ecodiesel. Most of us have great, fully functional trucks. Mine is a 2015 with a 197k and zero problems until I had to replace the reluctor wheel. Please be more positive about your wants and needs from this site or see yourself out. Thanks.

1shadowsabre

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
Look, man. This forum isn’t for gashing the Ecodiesel. Most of us have great, fully functional trucks. Mine is a 2015 with a 197k and zero problems until I had to replace the reluctor wheel. Please be more positive about your wants and needs from this site or see yourself out. Thanks.
Seems like his post was insightful and he just had a great question regarding his issue. I would think he is more than welcome to share his experiences and frustrations.