• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

ESTC warning light followed by 'Exhaust Full See Dealer for Service' message

JeffT

Feb 2, 2021
Truck Year
Hi folks,

2015 RAM Ecodiesel (100,000 miles/160,000 Kms)

I was carrying a 350 lb load over a long distance on very hilly terrain, hot day. Received an Electronic Sensor Throttle Control warning light (solid RED), power was reduced quite significantly. As this was a long trip I tried calling some RAM dealers (around closing time). Elected to carry on as all gauges were well within limits, but power was noticeably reduced. Had about 350 miles (600 Kms) to drive to get home. Fuel consumption did increase from 26 mpg to 23 mpg, slow to accelerate. As I was getting closer to home the Check Engine light came on solid, the 'Exhaust Filter Full See Dealer' message came up. The previously solid red ESTC light stared flashing. Performance was sluggish. Good news, I put an OBD scanner on to check codes. Got P2463-00 (DPF "soot accumulation"), P2002-00 Diesel Particulate Filter Efficiency, P2280-00 Air Flow Restriction, and P0299-00 (Turbocharger Under Boost) messages. Cleared the codes, ran a Diesel Particulate Filter Regen program for about 20 minutes. Cleared the codes once completed. PERFECT!!!!!

Hope this helps? Probably would have cost $200 for a dealer to look at it, and perhaps even more if I stopped at a local mechanic (opportunity to take advantage of a stranded traveller?) If I hadn't done the Regen burn the system might have progressed to limp mode. The nearest FCA dealers is an hour away!

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
IMHO I would not think your out of the woods yet. Expecially if your still emissions compliant. If your egr is on the way out, it will sometimes attempt to throw a code when failing, or limp mode. By that throwing the cel, it restricted the exhaust from regenerating. Underboost code, I would check all cooler connections and intake manifold.

JeffT

Feb 2, 2021
Truck Year
OK, will do, thanks for the comment. I've been driving it quite a bit today and no issues. I was hoping to be out of trouble. Vehicle is totally emissions compliant but I may consider deleting in the future.

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
Good deal, just don’t want you to plan to be out of the clear and boom something happen lol sometimes the codes are nonsense, sometimes they’re worth investigating. Just give your intake manifold a once over without the plastic cover being in place, and inspect all your intercooler hoses. If you haven’t done so, inspect your egr tube, it’s fairly easy with a socket set, and you’d be amazed what you find. This was mine after 20k miles if the dealer replacing the intake and egrFAC56314-17B7-43BC-848E-E04EEF958A00.jpegD6C50AE5-52DF-4977-9F2A-1EB00CDCE07E.jpeg