• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

ETC Light and NO Power

missmyz71

Mar 25, 2018
Truck Year
Hello to all and thought i would join and vent a little , hoping to make a few ppl more aware of this truck before letting those mpg whisk you off your feet . Bought a 2017 big horn eco diesel with 3 miles on it Feb 23 2018 , date made was in Dec of 2017 drove it hassle free for 1153 miles then on March 5th the etc light and engine light come on and it has no power and gimps it bad . Have to wait till the 9th to get a loaner from a dealership which btw has been very up front and honest with me . They tell me that fca is working on a fix flash for this and no idea when it be out. So they put me in a loaner for two weeks and then fca service center asks me to return the car because it is going to exceed the 14 day allowed to the dealership because it was not from the dealership i purchased it from. So i return it and ask fca service center for another loaner from the dealership i bought it from and to no prevail and i advised them my girlfriend is giving me a lift . Then two weeks after this the fca service center calls me saying still no flash fix and hoping soon and i ask whats going on with my loaner and she replies but i thought your girlfriend was giving you a ride and i said yeah i need my job to pay for the truck i cant drive but i need a loaner in mean time and she replies oh it was a misunderstanding so once again they get me in a loaner few days later. Now last Friday they call and say hey John your truck is all flashed and fixed ready to go and i was like thankfully this ordeal is getting passed me . Now today is Sunday and 430 miles down the road and the engine light comes on once again but no etc light , with a few choice words said in the truck today im back to taking this into the dealer . My Chevy silverado gave me 20,000 miles hassle free and i cant squeeze a simple 5000 out of this shiny horse turd:) If it is running and running good hits a easy 26 mpg going 75 mph ,but on the bright side of things it dont cost any fuel when its parked at the dealership waiting for fca to think of a way to get it out of the dealerships parking lot .