• The official site for FCA settlement information and questions is located at https://www.ecodieselsettlement.com/
  • Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Excepted engine from Settlement Warranty

Tim Kolbe

Jul 21, 2019
Truck Year
I bought my 2016 ED in 2019 with around 94K. It was immaculate, and driving it from the dealer I got 27 MPG. That did not last long. MPG fell to around 19-20, depending on the situation. I did participate in the settlement program, but later took my truck in to get all the recalls done. They replaced the intake and intercooler, but found a crack in one head. Then the fun part:
The service manager told me that the engine had been excepted from the warranty program, because the previous owner had put def in the fuel tank, but had elected not to use a dealership to clean out the system (owner of diesel repair shops in the oil industry), doing it in their own shop. So, I had to foot the $5K bill to replace the head, or which there was only one available in the US(dealers are hoarding parts for their repairs, so it took a month to fix).

My question is, if I in good faith participated in the program, and FCA knowing the engine was excepted, what if any are my options in getting them to pay for some or all of these repairs. I know the dealership knew about the issue, as they lowballed the previous owner on the trade in, so they found gullible me. I even did a service search and used a mobile mechanic to check it out before purchase, but this fact was not in any public records for the vehicle. Only in FCA service files available to dealers. I still love my truck, but have put $9K in it since I bought it.

Can anyone with experience, give me some advice?
Tim