• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Exhaust Filter 100% full see dealer for service

Mathew

Aug 16, 2023
Truck Year
2021 Jeep Gladiator Eco Diesel with 56K miles.... really?! Is this under warranty? What level DIY is this service? Local dealers are telling me they need possession of my truck for about a week before they will even look at it. Don't really want to rent a car for a week. What are my best options?

Johnmaynard

Aug 1, 2023
Truck Year
It needs to have a regen preformed. It’s simple to do. I think the aftermarket scanners can preform it. I would call some of the independent repair shops in your area and ask if they can do that.

Mathew

Aug 16, 2023
Truck Year
John… thank you for your response. The dealership perform the regen without charge, but they did not fix the reason it’s not doing the regen on its own. My powertrain warranty will be over with in less than 2000 miles. I will look into purchasing an aftermarket scanner that can perform this function.

Signman1972

Aug 26, 2023
Truck Year
Mine is full too. However, at some point, it will not be able to regen. Then you'll need to either, clean, replace, or....delete....if you're going to race it... wink wink

Tuftsguy

Aug 8, 2023
Truck Year
John… thank you for your response. The dealership perform the regen without charge, but they did not fix the reason it’s not doing the regen on its own. My powertrain warranty will be over with in less than 2000 miles. I will look into purchasing an aftermarket scanner that can perform this function.
I have an Eco diesel 3.0 L I used for long highway commutes and when I retired learned that it is not a vehicle for just driving around town. They are best when doing longer distances on the interstate which will allow them to regenerate when the diesel particulate filter (DPF) gets loaded up. I mostly use it now to drive 120 miles round trip to pick up family at the airport.

Johnmaynard

Aug 1, 2023
Truck Year
As far as getting a scanner to go in and preform a forced regen. I’m not sure that would be cost effective. I think it’s going to be several thousand for one that will preform the job.

CL071793

Aug 15, 2023
Truck Year
i just purchased this scanner from Amazon a few minutes ago. If you want to wait. I’ll let you know if it does the forces regen as it claims it will. And you can buy it from Amazon. Or if you live in Phoenix Az we can meet up and do a forced regen on your ecodiesel

FOXWELL Scanner NT624 Elite OBD2 Scanner Diagnostic Tool All System 8 Reset Scanner for Car ABS Bleeding/SAS/TPS/Oil/EPB/BRT/Injector/D-P-F Lifetime Free Update ODB2 Scanner https://a.co/d/anoDcpE

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Johnmaynard

Aug 1, 2023
Truck Year
Thanks for the offer but I have access to the dodge stuff. It’s a benefit of working for them and I live in Georgia