• The official site for FCA settlement information and questions is located at https://www.ecodieselsettlement.com/
  • Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Extended emissions warranty. When does it actually begin?

Mjchitt

May 22, 2019
Truck Year
Hey guys, I'm new to this forum. Ive got a 14 Ram ecodeisel. Completed my settlement claim online last week. Just dropped my truck off at the dealer to recieve my aem tomorrow. Also about a week ago I filled up my def tank and the needle didn't go back up, but continued to count down until engine won't restart (56 miles when I dropped it off at the dealer). I'm fairly sure it's the def level / temp sensor, and was told by my dealership that my warranty didn't cover this (would need a new tank). I asked them today if the extended emissions warranty would cover this now. They said they weren't sure may take a couple weeks. The settlement info I recieved from fca says " the extended emissions warranty will begin after the repair (aem) has been completed. So here's my main question: WHEN DOES THE EXTENDED EMISSIONS WARRANTY ACTUALLY BEGIN? I've talked to 3 different people on the fca settlement phone number provided and haven't gotten a straight answer. I'm not trying to pay for a $2500 tank when I know it will be warrantied. Anyone have an answer?!?

cs in Alabama

Feb 21, 2019
Truck Year
Tthe extended emissions warranty will begin after the repair (aem) has been completed.
true. But there is a good argument to be made that any repair that should now be covered has a coverage date as of the date the agreement was signed by FCA, way back in January. Before that you would be at the mercy of FCA.

Mjchitt

May 22, 2019
Truck Year
I umderstand the sentence you lifted from my own post, but I'm asking is it automatically covered in their system as soon as they record the aem completion, or do rhey have to maul me paperwork to sign, etc.Because like i said, my dealership told me it could take a couple of weeks before it takes effect and said something about paperwork. Anybody have any first hand experiance recieving the the new warranty? Thanks

cs in Alabama

Feb 21, 2019
Truck Year
I umderstand the sentence you lifted from my own post, but I'm asking is it automatically covered in their system as soon as they record the aem completion, or do rhey have to maul me paperwork to sign, etc.Because like i said, my dealership told me it could take a couple of weeks before it takes effect and said something about paperwork. Anybody have any first hand experiance recieving the the new warranty? Thanks
Call FCA customer service, tell them your problem and ask them to approve the repair. The number is in your manual.

jcj1576

May 6, 2018
Truck Year
I was provided a copy of the warranty after my AEM was complete.

"The extended warranty shall be in effect after your vehicle receives the AEM."

The following are covered...
  • Diesel Exhaust Fluid (DEF) System
    • DEF Injector
    • DEF Injector controller
    • DEF Storage Tank
    • DEF Delivery lines
    • DEF Concentration Sensor (2016 RAM and Jeep only)
    • DEF Supply Module, Pump, and Temperature Sensor Unit

Mjchitt

May 22, 2019
Truck Year
I was provided a copy of the warranty after my AEM was complete.

"The extended warranty shall be in effect after your vehicle receives the AEM."

The following are covered...
  • Diesel Exhaust Fluid (DEF) System
    • DEF Injector
    • DEF Injector controller
    • DEF Storage Tank
    • DEF Delivery lines
    • DEF Concentration Sensor (2016 RAM and Jeep only)
    • DEF Supply Module, Pump, and Temperature Sensor Unit
Great
Thank you! I'll update today after I talk to the dealer about my def issue.

John

Nov 13, 2015
Pretty sure as of the date of completed AEM.

Mjchitt

May 22, 2019
Truck Year
ok updatehere. My dealer is now telling me that they found my def problem and it's actually the pump. I was able to call and get verbal approval from an ecodiesel settlement claims manager. Called back n told the dealer it was covered and gave them my case #. Now they're saying they can't complete my aem because it can't do a regen because i need a new pump. But they won't warranty the $1700 pump because the aem is not actually complete! And they cant garauntee reimbersement!

John

Nov 13, 2015
ok updatehere. My dealer is now telling me that they found my def problem and it's actually the pump. I was able to call and get verbal approval from an ecodiesel settlement claims manager. Called back n told the dealer it was covered and gave them my case #. Now they're saying they can't complete my aem because it can't do a regen because i need a new pump. But they won't warranty the $1700 pump because the aem is not actually complete! And they cant garauntee reimbersement!
I don't know what the pump has to do with a regen. There is actually no DEF injected during a regen. Do you have an option to go to another dealer?

Mjchitt

May 22, 2019
Truck Year
Ok that's what I was wondering. He told me twice that my system couldn't regen without the pump, and no aem without regen, told me to just pay for pump. So I called the settlement #, she put me on hold to call the dealer. She came back on and told me they magically got it to regen! She said they'd try to warranty the pump tomorrow since they were able to proceed with the aem install. Thanks everyone for the advice. I'll update tomorrow.

Mjchitt

May 22, 2019
Truck Year
Ok so aem complete as of Thursday eve. Dealer said they put in for my ext emissions warranty in their system. They said they have to wait til it "fully activates" before they can put in a request to get my def pump replacement warrantied. Checked back 3 times since then, but I guess it's still in process.

Mjchitt

May 22, 2019
Truck Year
Ok, so after a week of having my aem complete, and many calls to the dealer, settlement #, and fca customer service, here's the deal: Your extended emissions warranty takes effect not actually when the aem is completed at your dealership, but when it is approved in Mopar's database. And I've been told twice now that it will take "about 2 weeks." You can check your aem completion status here https://www.mopar.com/en-us/my-vehicle/recalls/eco-diesel-warranty.html
So, I guess I'll be leaving my truck at the dealer for a second week as my engine won't restart in like 50 miles. But I'm definitely thankful they're gonna cover the def pump 🙌
So to anyone out there needing a part that is covered under the new ecodiesel warranty(def pump in my case), figure at least 2 weeks from completion of your aem for it to kick in.