• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Extended Warranty Yay or Nay ?

Stephen Smith

Aug 30, 2022
Truck Year
Hello all, I recently purchased a 15 model with 49k on it. I know it currently has the emissions warranty extended but I am debating on purchasing a extended warranty for 5year/75k miles to cover any issues mainly the engine due to the number of engines I am seeing blow. My question is what do you all think spend 2k on the warranty or Tuning / deleting as is. Thanks in advance

gofishingup

Sep 2, 2019
Truck Year
Sell it. You're likely going to have problems with it and even if the motor doesn't blow you're going to have engine issues that will require you to have it serviced at the dealership. My 2016 is on it's 3rd motor and has been in for service about 16 times. First problems started at 48,000 miles and downhill from there. The last time it was in it sat there for 4 months before the parts arrived., TRUST me, sell it and don't ever think about buying a 3.0 diesel again, this is the worst motor ever. I like the truck but the motor is crap.

biggrits21

Nov 24, 2019
Truck Year
Hello all, I recently purchased a 15 model with 49k on it. I know it currently has the emissions warranty extended but I am debating on purchasing a extended warranty for 5year/75k miles to cover any issues mainly the engine due to the number of engines I am seeing blow. My question is what do you all think spend 2k on the warranty or Tuning / deleting as is. Thanks in advance
Yes buy it. The emissions warranty doesn't cover crank bearings from what I read. I could be wrong. But my truck is awaiting to be diagnosed and I think it is crank bearings its a 2015 Outdoorsman 90,000 miles. I am trying to decide if I should keep it and wait a few years for a after market bullet proof motor to come out. I just replaced the transmission at 87 k out of pocket 6k