• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Fire

Twick

Sep 8, 2019
Truck Year
Today, September 8, I was driving on the highway when the truck lost power, running but no acceleration. I limped to a stop on shoulder and noticed smoke coming from the engine compartment. In a few minutes black smoke, then flames. By the time the fire department arrived the front end and front seat were engulfed in flames.

52,000 miles only recent service was the emissions changes associated with the class action claim

cds13ca

Jun 19, 2019
Truck Year
glad you got out ok!! sounds like another melted intake!! I'm assuming you're not running a tune.

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
Welcome was the foam removed from the top of the motor????

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
First thing I did was remove foam second thing I did was install a gde tune now it is perfect

cds13ca

Jun 19, 2019
Truck Year
First thing I did was remove foam second thing I did was install a gde tune now it is perfect
carlhenry, question for you, on the right side of the engine (battery side) there's a tube in the foam. I want to remove the foam, but what's the tube for and what should I do with the tube?

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
What I do is get a very good pair of pliers lock on the foam and pull it out I have done many like that

cds13ca

Jun 19, 2019
Truck Year
but what do you do with the little tube, it looks like it's a bleeder tube for something?? I'm not sure what it connects to. Do you zip tie it to something else?

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
Just went out to look that is a breather tube should have a white cap on it just move it out of the way

cds13ca

Jun 19, 2019
Truck Year
ya that's the one. did you tie it to anything? The foam had a little slot where the tube sat.. thx!

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
I just put it on the highest line. Over the wire for the brake booster sensor

cds13ca

Jun 19, 2019
Truck Year
It's on my to-do list, I already took the foam off the egr side and the plastic cover is gone. Just need to get the foam off this side when I have time. There's a 1.5-2 inch pipe over top of the foam, what's that for? Can I disconnect it to pull the foam or is it a coolant line? GDE tune is done too :)...

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
Turbo boost take the hose the Rubber one with the hose clamps and lift it up as high as it will go and pull the foam out