• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Flashing glow plug code??

Scatpack1

Oct 30, 2019
Truck Year
We had some bleow zero temps here and I noticed a flashing glow plug code since the low temps. What is this caused by and what is the fix?
I normally let the glow plug light go off before I try to crank it over. But it now stays on and flashes while the engine is running.
Your thoughts??
Thanks

Last edited:

Scatpack1

Oct 30, 2019
Truck Year
So no one has a fix for this????? Or knows what the cause is of the flashing glow plug light

mybaconstrip

Jan 11, 2023
So no one has a fix for this????? Or knows what the cause is of the flashing glow plug light
Recently had this issue with glow plug light flashing and check engine light coming on. Would only happen when the truck was warming up. If warm and turned off and back on it would go away so not sure it's same issue. Regardless, I saw something that said to change out the glow plug control module, which seemed to fix some people's issue, but mine kept flashing. Took to dealer and they said there is a known issue with the wiring on the alternator coming loose, causing the glow plug light to come on. They tightened things up and seems to be fixed. Try that first, then try the glow plug module. Very easy fix: https://www.moparfactoryparts.com/oem-parts/mopar-glow-plug-module-68282916aa