• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

FOB

bob1340

Jun 29, 2019
Truck Year
Not Listed
Not a diesel question. My son bought a used 2019 1500 Tradesman. He only had 1 FOB for it. He was involved in a major wreck in his work truck (not the RAM) and just made it out before the truck burnt to the ground along with his only FOB. He won't be driving for at least 2-3 months, but I want to take care of this for him.
Any advice on this? I am suspecting I'd need to take his pink slip to a dealer and start from there? And I suspect that would be an expensive trip.

So we have a nice 2019 Tradesman and no FOB/Keys for it sitting in my driveway. HELP! LOL Bob

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
I used a third party key company to get a second one cut and programmed but I had my original key. More than likely the dealer will need the truck to get one made

bob1340

Jun 29, 2019
Truck Year
Not Listed
That is what I'm seeing. I'll have to get it towed to dealer and spend big $$$$! If the truck was over 5 years old a automotive locksmith could do it.

JeepJeep

Apr 6, 2021
Truck Year
Hi There ! My spare fob accidentially got swept off the counter into our recycle bin.... which went out to the recycle truck, before I realized it was "really missing"

The dealer can cut a new key via the vin number. I believe an authorized third part locksmith will also be able to cut the key from the vin. The key only opens the doors. The fob can also be programmed by either the dealer or a third party authorized locksmith. I believe Dodge uses an one time, limited duration ..24 hr, access code to program the fob.

I bought an oem fob on ebay (not programmed) for 75 bucks - brought it to the dealer, and complained it only worked sporadically. The service writer tried it, checked the battery, then threw it in the trash, and gave me a new one, programmed it in 15 min. - no charge.

If your vehicle has the u-connect radio/ head unit - I believe they can remotely activate a service to give you an emergency start, or even allow your smart phone to unlock and start the vehicle.... but I never really investigated those options.

Best of luck! Glad technology keeps making everything "better" : )

Also might give any bill to the work trucks insurance.....

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
What jeepJeep said, the dealer can fo it from the Vin number

bob1340

Jun 29, 2019
Truck Year
Not Listed
Hi There ! My spare fob accidentially got swept off the counter into our recycle bin.... which went out to the recycle truck, before I realized it was "really missing"

The dealer can cut a new key via the vin number. I believe an authorized third part locksmith will also be able to cut the key from the vin. The key only opens the doors. The fob can also be programmed by either the dealer or a third party authorized locksmith. I believe Dodge uses an one time, limited duration ..24 hr, access code to program the fob.

I bought an oem fob on ebay (not programmed) for 75 bucks - brought it to the dealer, and complained it only worked sporadically. The service writer tried it, checked the battery, then threw it in the trash, and gave me a new one, programmed it in 15 min. - no charge.

If your vehicle has the u-connect radio/ head unit - I believe they can remotely activate a service to give you an emergency start, or even allow your smart phone to unlock and start the vehicle.... but I never really investigated those options.

Best of luck! Glad technology keeps making everything "better" : )

Also might give any bill to the work trucks insurance.....
You lost a spare. I have zero.

bob1340

Jun 29, 2019
Truck Year
Not Listed
Update

I did find a mobile Locksmith who could do the job in the driveway. Pretty complicated process. He wired in a harness under my dash and then plugged that into a OBD2 harness going to a reader. This gave him the ability to get a PIN and program 2 FOB's. He then had to do similar stuff to get the code to cut keys. Took about 1/2 hour-45 minutes. Not cheap, but cheaper than getting it towed to the dealer.