• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

FUEL BRANDS COMPARISON?

CAVEMANN

Jan 5, 2020
Truck Year
Has anyone tried different fuel brands to see how their fuel mileage compares to other brands. I've been using QT and CHEVRON exclusively, they're the same price, and initially I thought the CHEVRON was going to shine, but they come in about the same, right around 21-23mpg depending on my foot.

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
We have southern states in va, 50 cetane and tends to be cheaper than wawa and sheetz. My truck loves when I fill up there. Seems to be a little more responsive and slight mpg gains

CAVEMANN

Jan 5, 2020
Truck Year
Oddly enough , but here in sunny Az I've ner been able to find a cetane # on our pumps, I thought the law required it.

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
@CAVEMANN check out your local truck stops/ main fuel suppliers. In va I’m pretty sure it’s required to post all octane and cetane ratings. Says it Varys state by state though. Ask the station and they should be able to provide an answer. Southern states is a main fuel provider for farms/ agriculture here so they tend to provide top notch fuels.

CAVEMANN

Jan 5, 2020
Truck Year
I found a site a while back and there was a guy that claimed to mix lacquer thinner in his fuel tank, I think he said he put a gallon in, there was a site that was devoted to it, I would be SERIOUSLY worried about lubrication.

CAVEMANN

Jan 5, 2020
Truck Year
@CAVEMANN check out your local truck stops/ main fuel suppliers. In va I’m pretty sure it’s required to post all octane and cetane ratings. Says it Varys state by state though. Ask the station and they should be able to provide an answer. Southern states is a main fuel provider for farms/ agriculture here so they tend to provide top notch fuels.
I like that! "LOCAL TRUCK STOPS" LOL! A few years ago we couldn't get light class diesel here, now we have a CHEVON & a SHELL, both have diesel now, & I think 3 stations between here and the Mexican border that sell diesel. But there are 3 truck stops about 42 miles north, a LOVES and 2 PILOTS.

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
Yeah unless it’s diesel or diesel additive it won’t go in my tank 🤣 I forget some people don’t live in areas like me. I’m 20 minutes from the highway and nearest truck stop but once you get there there’s 400 options lol

1shadowsabre

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
My local costco has diesel here. I also use a local station called fast fuel. It is a commercial (unmanned) fueling station that has hi flow diesel pumps, off road diesel, bio diesel, mid and premium non ethanol gas and 10% ethanol.

bill-e

May 2, 2015
Truck Year
I have an Irving by me which is a high volume diesel station and I've used it for virtually every fill up since 2015,

CAVEMANN

Jan 5, 2020
Truck Year
Do y'all notice one brand giving better or worse fuel mileage per gallon. I noticed the CHEVRON where I fill up has gone up in a week, 6 cents a gallon, from 2.23.9 to 2.29.9.

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
These are the two major exits same distance from me. The app I use allows for discounts with their card which is awesome. Sheetz and shell both have awesome fuel for daily driving but my capture is southern states 50 cetane. BD413E71-EBB6-4476-8088-77D9B1604B71.png8F5A84E5-E50D-4DA2-BC17-C895495CED4A.png

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Hmmm, unless you walk in and Ask the Manager/Clerk for most resent drop sheets , the Pump labeling in many cases is incorrect, MN Law requires drop Sheets to be available on demand, That was Not the case at one local Station here in Blaine MN, and after they (Station Owner PO Me) MN Weights and Measure showed up along with the Dept of Commerce and leveled heavy fines, The Owners/managers/Clerks are more cooperative Now.. pump labels are more accurate.