• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Fuel economy

Sir William

Oct 31, 2016
Truck Year
I had 2015 that was great on fuel. 22 in town 25/26 on the road at 74 mph. My wife was involved in an unfortunate incident and it was totaled. I searched to find the exact truck to replace it. The mileage is 19 in town and 22 on the road. Any suggestions?

JohnnyMac

May 19, 2019
Truck Year
I know you say exact, but is this one the same year/model and does this one have different sized tires or a level kit? Also did your old truck have the AEM recall done?

Augiedoggy

Aug 18, 2021
Truck Year
I have only had my 2015 lwb 4wd eco of a couple weeks but I average about 21 in the city 24 mixed and 34mpg on the highway at 70. currently it is deleted with an unknown tune and banks intake, it was that way when I bought it. It has 31" nittos on it now but I intend to lift 2-3" and got to 33" tires. it also has the 3.92 rear gear. it sits super low IMO (my old stock 2007 honda ridgeline parked beside it is the same height) which is one reason for the lift. I assume th suspension has been messed with because there is zero rake on mine. in fact is I let all the air out of the bags in the rear springs the rear appears to sit slightly lower than the front. I think there was a lift in mine and it was removed honestly. the dealer I bought it from got it from an auction so??

Sir William

Oct 31, 2016
Truck Year
I know you say exact, but is this one the same year/model and does this one have different sized tires or a level kit? Also did your old truck have the AEM recall done?
The original truck was built in June of 2015 the replacement was built in October of 2015. 4x4, crew cab, 6 foot 4 inch bed stock suspension and tires on both. I never did the AEM recall on the first truck I don't know about the replacement truck.

JohnnyMac

May 19, 2019
Truck Year
I'm guessing the AEM recall is the culprit. Many folks complain of reduced mpg's since then. I believe they changed the tune to better meet EPA requirements and those changes were definitely not a boost to performance.

Augiedoggy

Aug 18, 2021
Truck Year
The original truck was built in June of 2015 the replacement was built in October of 2015. 4x4, crew cab, 6 foot 4 inch bed stock suspension and tires on both. I never did the AEM recall on the first truck I don't know about the replacement truck. Tthis is what I have only mine was built in feb 2015 and has 31" All terrain tires on 17" stock gen 4 ram wheels.
This is what I have only mine was built in feb 2015 and has 31" All terrain tires on 17" stock gen 4 ram wheels, a tonneu cover I added and I have the mods above. Mine has a sticker on the underside of the hood stating the aem tune was done in 2019 (yours should have it to if it was done) so I assume the PO deleeted and retuned after that when he hit 100,000 miles.. I am exstatic about the fuel mileage.. I never imagined 34mpg on a 3 hr drive including hills.