• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Fuel Filter OEM?

tofiutnuss

Oct 22, 2020
Truck Year
2016 Ecodiesel Fuel Filter pic.jpg
Hi everybody, I have been lurking for a while and really appreciating all that knowledge you guys are sharing. I have a 2016 SLT Ecodiesel 4x4 with 3.92 gear ratio and 36K miles on it. AEM has been done and truck is suffering with post AEM symptoms. What a bummer!!! i want to get the GDE tune, but I am waiting for EGR cooler recall to be done first. Dealership said it has ordered the parts. That was 3 months ago.
So, after paying $230 (they had me come in every 5000 miles!!!!) for my last oil change and $150 for fuel filter change I have decided to do my own service.....even after reading horror stories about people having warranty claims denied, because they have done their own oil change etc.
Yesterday i received my mopar fuel and oil filter from from Geno's Garage. First of all, I have to say I am a little disappointed about the mopar fuel filter being made in china!!!! Didn't expect that. But here is my main question: I know the mopar fuel filter 6823 5275 AB supersedes the older AA filter, but the filter i pulled out of my truck yesterday doesn't even look like the old version. This is the one the dealership installed. It looks like an air or oil filter to me .LOL.
Has the dealership not just overcharged me, but also installed the wrong filter? I am so glad, I am doing my own service now. I never trusted the dealership.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Does the filter say MOPAR? It looks to be aftermarket, It also looks clean. He's a pic of OEM.

1603402183653.png

tofiutnuss

Oct 22, 2020
Truck Year
It does not say Mopar on the filter. It actually doesn't say anything on it. This filter has been on the truck for the last 20000 miles. If you think it looks clean, what that means to me is, it didn't do a good job filtering!
I am suspecting my dealership is charging high dollars and using non Mopar filters.

tofiutnuss

Oct 22, 2020
Truck Year
I got this one. Apparently it replaces the one you have showing.
ecodiesel fuel filter.jpg

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
I support Most canister style Filters, Almost all Have Filter media wedge between 2 lids... NO Gaging like spin-ons. That being said the Only spin-on I support are None Combustion Certified, Yep ALL Cat, Fleetguard, Donaldson, Etc May... be OK at filtering poor fuel , NONE will stop contamination like the NCN do.

Texascherokee

Mar 27, 2019
Truck Year
I've been using Wix WF10165. Exactly like the Mopar Filter, I would not be surprised if Wix didn't make it for Mopar. I but them at Rock Auto.com

Attachments

• Wix.jpg
    Wix.jpg
    172.3 KB · Views: 20

Texascherokee

Mar 27, 2019
Truck Year
Sorry about my last post I see now the Ram truck has a different fuel filter than the Eco Diesel GC, Keep up the great work and engineering FCA, idiots