• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Fuel pressure Regulator

Rcasarez2

Aug 7, 2023
Truck Year
Fuel pressure regulator code is popping up on my 2015 Ram Eco Diesel. Does anyone know of any videos on how to replace it, what it looks like or even just the location ?

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
The FCA is easily accessible takes about 5 minutes, You need to remove and inspect the FCA, that code at times is triggered by contamination (Metal) just prior to the CP4 Grenades itself $$$$$

Rcasarez2

Aug 7, 2023
Truck Year
What does fca stand for ? And so I remove it and clean first before ordering new one ? Thanks for the response

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
FCA Fuel control actuator, it has the same meaning as FPR. If debris is found (Metal) you will need to replace or clean everything form fuel tank to Injectors...$$$$. If no debris found its likely your electronic LV. VM 3.0 is not the power plant to own if you're NOT (HPCR) Diesel seasoned, It's Hero - Zero status makes it very risky to own and depend on. thier are what I call OK mileage VM 3.0s out there in use, but when the status moves from Hero - Zero Status it will suck up your bank account, the frustration level will peg the gage in loses. I believe this is a recall on the CP4 parts available Feb 24

Rcasarez2

Aug 7, 2023
Truck Year
Yeah I have already had to replace all kinds of sensors already and when I start my truck now it don’t start as easy and when I’m first taking off it’s hesitating/jerking until I fully accelerate. Mechanic said he plugged his computer in and the only code that popped up was the fuel pressure regulator, for sure have been wasting a lot of money fixing everything the part is $600

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
The CP4 fca is $222.00 and 5 minutes to replace....with 27 TQ Bit.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Its right in the middle of the CP4, 2 #25 TQ Bits, it's a 2 pin connection.

1710463214073.png

Jpop0077

Mar 13, 2023
Truck Year
The actual fuel pressure regulator is on the right side, end of the fuel rail. Not hard to change out. The fuel control actuator is on the fuel pump.
They are metering the fuel at both ends

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
The Electronic Fuel RAIL Pressure Regulator if that's what you want to call it (LV, PRV, RV, ) is located on driver side front of Rail... the electronic RVs are a PITR, and NEVER should have been installed ( on any DSL HPCR) IMO, the Mechanical ( LV, PRV, RV ) are less cost and easily replaced. In The D-Max world the FCA is known as FPR (Fuel Pressure Regulator) Cummins and Rams its known as FCA (Fuel control actuator)