• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

GDE Transmission Tune

Godzuki

Mar 20, 2019
Truck Year
There are only 7 reviews about the Ecodiesel transmission tune on the GDE website. I'm wondering if anyone on this forum has this mod can attest to the good/bad of this tune. In terms of real-world performance, how much more does the GDE transmission tune offer over the standard GDE Hot Tune?

cs in Alabama

Feb 21, 2019
Truck Year
I never looked into it. You should call GDE, they are nice guys. I email them with questions and they answer right away. If I towed anything more than an occasional jet ski or utility trailer I would look into it.

Green Diesel

Nov 17, 2015
Truck Year
Most folks don't write a review, but we have over 700 trucks successfully running our trans tune. It works very well on this application and can be customized if needed.

Firstsage

Nov 19, 2018
Truck Year
Hi @Green Diesel! First off I did end up going with the PPEI tune mostly because I could add the switch to change the tune and the release of the hand-held option. That said, I have been looking at your trans flash and wanted to know your opinion on using your trans tune, either on a stock engine, or when used with a 3rd party flash.
I completely understand that you can not test every scenario/combination. Just looking for your professional opinion on how you feel the product would work with these.

Thanks!

Jon

Firstsage

Nov 19, 2018
Truck Year
I wrote into GDE product support email asking the above question. Here is the response:
Our trans tune will work fine with PPEI engine tune. PPEI does not output an accurate torque signal to trans and that can have some effect, but it should not be a big issue.

I'll more than likely be ordering a trans tune within the next month.