• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Glow plugs nightmare with certified mechanic!

Tradeskilz

Aug 12, 2019
Truck Year
Hey Everybody , just wondered how many of you guys have had this problem before with your trucks. Actually it's the shop and employees that I'm having issues with. I will let you all read this when I get back from the shop today but for now how long should it take to replace all 6 glow plugs on my 2016 Ram ecodiesel 3.0 V6 turbo? And what's a reasonable price for the shop to charge. By the way I know it's not a price changer but my engine is spotless along with the rest of my truck. Thanks

John

Nov 13, 2015
It's difficult to answer because sometimes the glow plugs are extremely difficult to remove due to the recessed design. Some owners had to have the heads removed from the engine and sent out to a machine shop.

Why are you replacing 6 glow plugs? That's the big question.

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
Dealer quoted me 300ish to replace number 4. I can’t remember if that included 80ish for the glow plug or not. They attempted it and said it would break off and quoted 8k to replace the head. Better off taking it to an actual diesel shop as opposed to the plug and play dealer who has no skills or time to deal with a problem.