• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

I NEED HELP

Sami

Mar 22, 2021
Truck Year
My 2016 Ed has lost power. Can barely get it to 60mph. Screen is reading “exhaust 90% full to drive highway speed for remedy” and CEL is on and the code read a coolant sensor valve is stuck open ... and now I’m reading about all these recalls. It will drive, it is just gutless. If I drive it will it cause more damage? I know nothing about diesels.

Last edited:

1shadowsabre

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
Better get it to a reputable dealer, chances are it may be covered under extended warranty due to "all these recalls" you reference

CAVEMANN

Jan 5, 2020
Truck Year
These trucks are not good for a grocery getter, they're much happier on the road. The system is designed to be seemless, BUT, there's no way to know when a REGEN is occurring unless you have some additional gauges, I use an EDGE CTS 3, the CTS 2 will also work and is better in some ways, it will allow a forced REGEN, there is also SCANGAUGE 2, but it must have 4 or 5 lines of binary code that must be entered for the PID's for the ECO, SIMPLE programming but must be done fairly quickly due to screen timeout. The 80% or 90% message occurs when a number of REGENS do not complete, it only takes 3 or 4 incomplete REGEN's to reachthat stage. I set my EDGE monitor to monitor REGEN STATUS & EGT's plus 14 other parameters that I choose & think are important. I would recommend ALFAOBD & MX+ OBD DONGLE, an auxiliary gauge package such as the EDGE CTS & a stage 1 tune that will shut down the EGR if your local doesn't do emissions testing. If you do tune it I strongly recommend a transmission tune with the engine tune.

Axel

Mar 28, 2021
Truck Year
My 2016 Ed has lost power. Can barely get it to 60mph. Screen is reading “exhaust 90% full to drive highway speed for remedy” and CEL is on and the code read a coolant sensor valve is stuck open ... and now I’m reading about all these recalls. It will drive, it is just gutless. If I drive it will it cause more damage? I know nothing about diesels.
You need to get the throttle body computer reprogrammed at the dealer, if not it will only go 5mph.