• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

if In Canada, and your ecodiesel blew up like mine. read this post...

RandyZinck

Dec 2, 2023
Truck Year
My truck is a 2019 Ram classic with the 3.o EcoDiesel. 128,000kms when the motor exploded. Put the rod through the pan. I have explained what happened in another few posts, but long story short, Ram Canada would do nothing to help me with this, except to tell me it as $26,000 to replace. They had knowledge of the motors blowing up, but no help at all. Just that if and when it went to a recall, and I had already fixed it, they would refund me.
I called transport Canada to report this, and they said there is history of claims regarding this issue, but they were closed. Now that I have filled my issue with them it re-opens the old cases too. The biggest concern was not the number of trucks that have blown up, but rather the safety issues of the motor blowing, causing possible harm, accidents. Considering I had roughly seconds warning from when it started vibrating, till the low oil pressure light came on, then all within 10 seconds or less from the vibration, it threw the rod through the block. In turn dumping all its oil on the highway. I was doing 70kms an hour when it happened. Thankfully there were no other vehicles near me, and I was able to coast off of the highway to the safety of the shoulder. It did cause a major safety issue to other cars by the amount of oil that coated the highway. If you have had your motor blow in Canada, please call Transport Canada Defect Investigations and Recalls Division at 1-800-333-0510. My claim guy said the more people calling this into them about the faulty motors, the better chance we have of getting this covered by a recall. He also said they are WELL aware of all the other issues this truck is having with all the other recalls. Good Luck hope this helps, i dont feel like forking out all the money to fix this issue.

Cbelt

May 3, 2022
Truck Year
Wasn’t the truck covered under warranty. That is less than 100K miles. But over 5 years, I guess?

RandyZinck

Dec 2, 2023
Truck Year
it is not covered by the warranty, trust me, I have gone through all of this with Ram. 3 year/160km whichever comes first.

autoX

Nov 6, 2022
Truck Year
Well here's what happened to me .. in Canada. Volvo Canada could care less. Transport Canada while nice folks, and logged the issue but did nothing. I imagine there has to be people dying, CBC flaming up, before they are going to lift a finger.

With this Volvo I had no brakes, was on fire at the crest of coming down a mountain. Would could go wrong? Yeah the vacuum line into the turbo evacuated the brake system, due to split in the bypass plenum. Wrap your head around that! I didn't have insurance on this plate at the time either.

The best thing to do is small claims court - which is a real PIA I was too busy too. Same for the motor, just paid the guys eff 'n delete it and see ya later.

Mcarr

Oct 17, 2022
Truck Year
I too have a Canadian Ram truck, 2018 with 70,000 miles on it. I was just trying to get my radio fixed, replaced one of the two (Delaminating screen). US market stated that I needed to contact the Canadian market and the Canadian market told me since I don't live in Canada they can't help me. What the Heck, this is a RAM truck doesn't/ shouldn't matter where it was built/sold it's still a RAM product. Shitty customer service from both markets. I realize this issue is minimal compared to your rod issue but it's a compounding issue with the two markets pawning not taking care of the customer.