• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Iffy alternator

Dragon

Nov 1, 2019
Truck Year
My truck recently wouldn’t start in the morning or after sitting for a while during the day without being jumped off so I figured either my battery or alternator was going out the battery tested good and alternator tested bad at autozone was going to order a new alternator for it but all of a sudden I am having no problem with it starting alternator still tests bad I’m thinking about changing it out still but I’m not sure if it’s necessary and don’t want to spend the money on a new one if it’s not

Ecopete

Dec 27, 2019
Truck Year
You don't give many details about age and mileage but very unlikely that it's the alternator and acting like that.
Something electrical in the starting system is the place to start looking

Dragon

Nov 1, 2019
Truck Year
It turned out that the alternator was overcharging and killed the battery replaced battery and it solved that problem but now I’m having an overheating problem if you have any idea about that please look at my other thread