• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Intake manifold soot

joker1126

Aug 4, 2022
Truck Year
So I haven't posted before just come here for the wealth of info. So now I have a question, I had to replace the turbo coolant feed line and noticed that I have alot of soot buildup on half of my manifold. Is this typical? Do you think I have underlying issues?
Thanks in advance.1000002342.jpg

1shadowsabre

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
How many miles? That actually doesn't look to bad compared to some we have seen on the forums.

joker1126

Aug 4, 2022
Truck Year
How many miles? That actually doesn't look to bad compared to some we have seen on the forums.
210,000 miles.
I was concerned just because the soot didn't look even. I also didn't know if it was supposed to. The top right were really caked on there while the bottom left looked fine.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Thats not bad for 210K Miles..I would replace the intake and carry-on . You obliviously drive your 3.0 properly... Roll into -it, less soot created + HWY Miles.

Attachments

• Ecodiesel_3.0_intake_Plenum_sooted.jpeg
    Ecodiesel_3.0_intake_Plenum_sooted.jpeg
    316.1 KB · Views: 11

joker1126

Aug 4, 2022
Truck Year
Thats not bad for 210K Miles..I would replace the intake and carry-on . You obliviously drive your 3.0 properly... Roll into -it, less soot created + HWY Miles.
Thanks. I've never been this intimate with an engine before all the oil and soot I found made me worry. Even the EGR was caked!

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
1126 Your intake for NON-deleted motor is by far the cleanest at that mileage I've seen......

Attachments

• Ecodiesel_3.0_Fire_Plenum_intake.jpg
    Ecodiesel_3.0_Fire_Plenum_intake.jpg
    298.1 KB · Views: 6