• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Intro and assistance needed w/ DEF tank

mplatt1975

Dec 5, 2021
Truck Year
New here, 2018 Ecodiesel with 40k miles. Finally running into some issues. About 3 weeks ago the DEF tank sensor started giving me grief and getting the “200 miles to no restart” message. Took it into my dealer and they “cleared” the code and did a recall update. Four days later, same thing but just wouldn’t restart. In the shop for 11 days and they want $1700 to replace the tank since they can’t service or replace the sensor inside the tank. I’m trying to get them to warranty this under the Federal Emissions 8yr/80,000 mile law but they are balking. Any advice or assistance would be appreciated.

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
I would assume since it’s a 2018 it would still be under the factory warranty…

mplatt1975

Dec 5, 2021
Truck Year
They are trying to say no since their emissions warranty only good 3 yrs/36,000 miles and it ended April 2021 and I’m at 41,000 miles.

1shadowsabre

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
I thought the Eco Diesel got 5 years/100,000 miles?

The efficient little V6 also features America’s best-in-class diesel powertrain warranty, which means that buyers get a five-year/100,000-mile protection plan. There also is Ram’s standard three-year/36,000-mile Basic Limited Warranty, which provides bumper-to-bumper coverage for the Ram 1500, so everything from the body to the brakes is covered.
Details on Ram’s powertrain warranty shows that it covers the cost of all parts and labor deemed necessary for the repair of a crucial component, so your engine, transmission, and drive system are completely covered. This also includes free towing to the nearest Ram dealer, which is a blessing if you live or work in a remote area. The warranty also is 100% transferable, so anyone who sells their truck while it is still under warranty can pass the coverage over to the new owner without question.

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
Maybe this will be of help?

Attachments

• ecodiesel_Class Member Benefit.pdf
    65.3 KB · Views: 9