• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Issues With Regeneration Process

jdiesel

Jan 27, 2022
Truck Year
Hey, my name JP and in Sept 2020 I became the proud owner of a 2018 Dodge Ram Laramie Eco Diesel.

I bought it from an auction and thought I was getting a great deal as it was originally owned by Land-O-Lakes and had gotten all its scheduled maintenance.

Around May 2021 I started having trouble. Started with the car rumbling then the check engine light coming on with a check something specific and I cant remember what the name was. anyways, brought it to a dealership. payed them 400 dollars to basically just turn off that warning and it drove fine. then it came back on and they said they need to go through the whole engine and tighten all the screws and maybe that would fix it. I said fuck you and took it. the next day we drove from MN to Fl with a car attached to my truck and that I think was enough to get it hot enough to get my system to regen. from that point on I didnt have issues with my truck for about 3 months.

Thenn all of a sudden I starded having issues with the regen process. The computer completely stopped having it begin causing it to fill up and finally crapped out and left me on the side of the road.

I went into the dealership and they replaced the filter and the catalytic converter and it worked for a while. first time I did a regen I had to drive from Fort Lauderdale to West Palm Beach for it to begin... After that I parked it for 2 months and came back... Now all of a sudden it is once again not regenning and it is at 100% full. Brand new everything. any suggestions/solutions to this extremely frustrating problem?

CAVEMANN

Jan 5, 2020
Truck Year
How do you monitor regens, stock instrumentation won't do it. Really is there a need to throw the f-bomb?