• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

just another eco diesel

robertmccranie

May 16, 2020
Truck Year
so.....i own a 2016 ram eco diesel ...had it about 4 years with out any issues ... from day i removed a few things an a few months ago i had the common service electronic throttle message with derate.. also had the truck crank and not start issue and it has died while ideling and after take off down the road . i have been a mechanic for big trucks 15 years and this one has very limited information on the internet . i have a snap on verus edge with 20.2 software . trust me when i say it was of no use ..i dont honestly think any scanner or computer will help with this problem....long story short ..use your senses.. i noticed when i was trying to start my truck there was no sound of in tank pump comeing on...i was like there is no way the pump is out already. as it turns out i was correct i traced the wires to the fuse box under the hood next to the battery..to my suprise the fuse was good ..apon further investagation i removed the fuse box completly and to my surprise melted pins in the blue connector an white connector. i found if i put power with my power probe to the blue connector melted pin that the fuel pump would work again..so i repaired the melted pins in the blue connector an the white one ...and wouldnt you know i havent had any more service throttle valve or egr slow to respond faults ..no more derates and best of all no more crank but no start issues....im not saying this is wrong with your eco diesels but i am saying its worth looking to see if they are melted and repair the pins ....have seen alot of the fuse boxes replaced but never anything about repairing the pins an connectors. just my thoughts an time ..hope it helps.