• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Just bought a 2015 RAM 1500 Eco Diesel that had a new crate engine installed 1k miles earlier...

John Stewart

Aug 24, 2020
Truck Year
Wondering if anyone has experienced a total engine replacement and if so, what kind of things should I keep an eye out for? The engine replacement was due to the previous owner failing to put oil into the engine. Thus the original engine burned up and it was then replaced by a certified mechanic experienced in such a major repair. The engine has been driven since that time only 1,000 miles and done so very gently according to break-in requirements. The engine was ordered directly from RAM Manufacturer.

My concern is the original chassis had approximately 140,000 miles on it along with all the other truck parts. Should I be concerned about other parts such as transmission, 4x4 drive train, cooling, etc.? In driving the truck the last couple days I can detect no flaws as the transmission shifts easily while driving through all 8 gears. Everything seems to be working but, I'm no mechanic. I'd rather address any potential issues earlier rather than later. Please advise.

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
I replaced my wheel bearings around 130k, I didn’t need to but the inspector swore they were bad and it wasn’t worth the fight. I topped off my front differential and rear since they were a few ounces low but nothing that was major so far. 145k on mine now

John Stewart

Aug 24, 2020
Truck Year
That's worth knowing about... Thanks! Can you recall what the cost of doing that was at the time?