• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Just bought my ED with 42k. What now....

Cruz

Sep 15, 2019
Truck Year
Just bought this truck, Carfax shows all maint done at dealer, longest oil change interval was 7k and always used Rotella T6 5w40. No issues, just recalls. After seeing some of these threads, gotta admit. I'm worried... Traded a healthy 4th gen hemi for what I thought would be efficiency and longevity... I have warranty bumper to bumper for 100k, but some of these 2-4 month stays at the dealership even have me worried. I don't want to go voiding a great warranty, but I do want this truck to last. Laramie long horn is a peach. I'd like to keep it indefinitely, I do about 20k a year with occasional towing/hauling and commuting to work 35-40minutes one way, mostly highway. Thoughts? Egr block plates? Man I don't even know right now, love the truck but sounds like it could bite me...

Jkmeno

Sep 17, 2019
Truck Year
traded my 2016 ED for a 19 Hemi. I drive a lot, so I hit my 100k in 3 years. I started having issues when they flashed my computer because of lawsuit. Couldn’t see keeping a vehicle they don’t even make anymore. Went back to Hemi.

cds13ca

Jun 19, 2019
Truck Year
if you tune the truck, you'll have a lot less issues! EGR is the biggest killer for this truck.

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
Tune it and never look back it will b like getting a new wife

VernDiesel

Mar 13, 2017
Truck Year
FWIW there are 2019 ED Classics on lots. It does not show them on Ram build & price site but I was told you can have your dealership order you one. Still 2nd gen motor.

Cruz don’t do EGR cooler block off plates until you have exhausted your 100k warranty. Tune is a good idea in my mind though. I have both ECM & TCM tunes.

Jul 3, 2016
Truck Year
If you just bought a ED sell it quick. Mine has been in the shop (dealer) 14 times, in right now for fuel pump. Most problems were coolant related and yes they will keep your truck for months, this trip has been 6 weeks and counting

Ram For Life

May 25, 2019
Truck Year
Just bought this truck, Carfax shows all maint done at dealer, longest oil change interval was 7k and always used Rotella T6 5w40. No issues, just recalls. After seeing some of these threads, gotta admit. I'm worried... Traded a healthy 4th gen hemi for what I thought would be efficiency and longevity... I have warranty bumper to bumper for 100k, but some of these 2-4 month stays at the dealership even have me worried. I don't want to go voiding a great warranty, but I do want this truck to last. Laramie long horn is a peach. I'd like to keep it indefinitely, I do about 20k a year with occasional towing/hauling and commuting to work 35-40minutes one way, mostly highway. Thoughts? Egr block plates? Man I don't even know right now, love the truck but sounds like it could bite me...
These engines or hit and miss, some have trouble’s and some don’t . There are some on this site who have over 200,000 miles on the truck with zero problems.