• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Looking for a link!!! 2016 ED EGR failure

Jtharris

Jul 16, 2020
Truck Year
2016 ED with 85000, EGR failed and was burning a half gallon per day, replaced at dealership in Salinas Ca. The truck has been there 2 months now and they have now replaced the turbo, 3 glow plugs, the head on one side, knock sensor and cat. The service manager threw out there that my oil was sludgy and filter was collapsed, hinting at lack of maintanence. I asked for an oil analysis and was denied. Have had a case opened since the beginning and was told that a corporate tech advised that they replace the motor.
The ongoing battle with the service manager is what made my oil sludgy. I say coolant due to the failed egr cooler, he is adamant there is no way coolant can get to the oil. His highly intelligent mechanics that FCA calls for advise are also denying that coolant can get into the oil after egr failure.

My question is, where can I find info that proves coolant can pass the rings causing contaminated oil?

Is there access to R&D data that would prove this point?

Would anyone drive this truck after the allegations were made? Knowing the oil was contaminated and risking engine failure.