• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Low Crank Case Pressure

PPi3

Feb 7, 2023
Truck Year
Hi all

I am new to the forum but have followed along for many years. I have a 2019 Ram and I am located in Australia, so not very many of the eco diesels down here.
I recently fitted a Provent catch can to my Ram and almost immediately the truck threw a code that was low crank case pressure.
I have checked correct installation and plumbing and checked for leaks etc but all is in order. I had a local mechanic try and clear the code, he was able to cear the light from the dash (check engine light) but he said the code was still in the ECU. Sure enough after a short run the check engine light came back on and the code low crank case pressure was back.
Has anyone else had this issue when installing a catch can?

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
Yes these engines are VERY picky with catch can installs. I believe 2-3 people have done it without codes but it’s not exactly the easiest process.

I received this code after tuning my transmission because 2nd gear was allowing too low of rpm when towing and not enough crank case pressure