• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Low Oil light, shift to park, truck shut down and won't start

Baja247

Apr 16, 2020
Truck Year
Driving my daily driver today, 2015 eco diesel 70,000 miles. I hear a ding and look to the dash and the first message is saw was about servicing the trailer brake system, then a bunch of other messages came but I do not remember the order. Throttle body, transmission, low oil. The truck seemed to be running fine and when I came to a stop light another message said low oil shift to park. I shifted to park and the truck shut off. I made a few attempts to re start but it would not and the low oil message would come on. On the dash where it would show the oil life remaining, it was blank. the main gauge that shows oil pressure, trans temp, coolant temp, had no readings for oil.

Ended up getting towed to a dealer who won't be able to even look at it until late next week.

Any ideas? Some stupid sensor or massive repair?

Baja247

Apr 16, 2020
Truck Year
BTW, I haven't done the AEM or any other recall work. Still 100% stock. Other than the Amp research power steps that connect through the OBD port.

boosti

Feb 17, 2020
Truck Year
BTW, I haven't done the AEM or any other recall work. Still 100% stock. Other than the Amp research power steps that connect through the OBD port.
I would hope you have the 100,000 mile max care warranty. The AEM software update actually provides better coverage with no deductible and other benefits like car buyback after 30 days and loaner.

Menchyk

Aug 15, 2021
Truck Year
What ever came of this?

My 2020 did the EXACT same thing this past weekend. It happened right after a VERY close lightening strike. I thought the lightening might have fried something. After reading your experience, I'm not so sure now. I just had my towed to the shop yesterday and am waiting for some kind of diagnosis.

JohnnyMac

May 19, 2019
Truck Year
What ever came of this?

My 2020 did the EXACT same thing this past weekend. It happened right after a VERY close lightening strike. I thought the lightening might have fried something. After reading your experience, I'm not so sure now. I just had my towed to the shop yesterday and am waiting for some kind of diagnosis.
Let us know what comes of it. I thought the new motor was pretty solid. Good luck BTW....