• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

MAF Sensor code

Nne1txb

Jan 4, 2020
Truck Year
My Ecodiesel Ram threw a P0101 code with my new plow on it. I cleared the code and removed the plow and the ck eng. Light hasn’t come back on. I suspect it was due to lack of air to the MAF Sensor because of the plow. Has anyone else experienced the same or know of a possible fix? I since did install a K&N air filter but haven’t plowed again yet.

GearHead

Sep 13, 2016
Truck Year
My Ecodiesel Ram threw a P0101 code with my new plow on it. I cleared the code and removed the plow and the ck eng. Light hasn’t come back on. I suspect it was due to lack of air to the MAF Sensor because of the plow. Has anyone else experienced the same or know of a possible fix? I since did install a K&N air filter but haven’t plowed again yet.
Could the plow initiating a heavier engine load requiring more air flow? I believe so, kind of like when I am towing my toyhauler. I have a OEM style K&N and it only reduces the inline air flow restriction, if cleaned properly and at each oil change interval. I remember my surprise once during my oil change I take out the air filter first to let it dry while draining oil and I found a field mouse nest in my air box, about half the size of the box. Now should the effort of the plow be causing an airflow code? I would say no.

My code reader can read the variable air flow levels so I check the response of the MAF, then inspect the entire air intake system. There have been issues with the glued air connections to and from the pre cooler and that would also set the code.

For the next posters who will inevitably pile on, the air filter oil for the K&N will not burn out the MAF. The MAF is a thin coil wire that measures air pressure differential. I have heard of this possible issue for years and I finally tested with my own vehicle and no amount of excess oiling caused an issue with the MAF. However, if you clean the dust and lint from the MAF do not use carb cleaner, only an approved MAF cleaner.

Good luck.