• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Major coolant leak

Dragon

Nov 1, 2019
Truck Year
I ran low on coolant a few weeks back hauling a trailer it was a long haul and I topped it off and made the rest of the trip home well this past weekend I started running low on coolant and was topping off pretty regular trying to find to point it was leaking from now i have coolant pouring from around the trans when I add coolant and all coolant is out within a few miles what could the source be?

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
welcome 2 the group its the turbo cooling line its about 200 d0llars and around a thousand 2 install

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
the only way 2 see the line is pull the intake off if it is running down over the Trans its leaking very common ptoblem

Last edited:

Dragon

Nov 1, 2019
Truck Year
the only way 2 see the line is pull the intake off if it is running down over the Trans its leaking very common ptoblem
Brought it to the shop it was the turbo cooling line and a slight leak in the radiator both replaced but my coolant is sitting low after topping off once with a whole gallon it was full when I picked it up I made sure to check it’s not overheating but it isn’t staying up to the full line I’m wondering if they didn’t pressure test it before they released it back to me

NC-RAM

Nov 29, 2015
Truck Year
What is the function of the 3 way valve for coolant going to the transmission?
got code the other day, so I purchased one to install.
Assuming the transmission needs coolant to keep temperatures down, so here is my question.
Why not delete the 3 way valve, and just put in a 3 way tee. That way the transmission can get coolant all the time? Would that be a problem? My transmission temps never has gotten any hotter than the radiator temp.
just wondering if someone could explain this for me.
thank you,

NC-RAM

Nov 29, 2015
Truck Year
EGR cooler? Any word on this from the dealer yet?
what if you truck is out of warranty?

klinder

Jan 17, 2020
Truck Year
EGR cooler? Any word on this from the dealer yet?
what if you truck is out of warranty?
I believe the EGR cooler failure is a recall Item on the Ram 1500 eco diesel. So even if you are out of warranty it should be replaced by dodge at no cost to you. Call them CFC canada of the dodge affiliate