• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Manual Regen

BHdiesel

Dec 18, 2020
Truck Year
Looking to see if other eco diesel owners have figured away of performing a manual regen? I recently cleaned my DEF injector port because it was full of white crystals and got a check engine light. Now I need to do a regen to clear the permanent message code.

Bruno55

Apr 7, 2021
Truck Year
I think this is something only the dealer can do... I had the check engine light go on, used my code reader to see what the problem was, turned out to be a Nox sensor, they forced a regen and it cleared up, light went off. Surely, it happened again but this time, my 3 month warranty was over lol... I simply clear the code myself but will be getting the full delete done, cheaper in the long run

CAVEMANN

Jan 5, 2020
Truck Year
ALFAOBD will allow you to do a manual regen, you can get it & a decent OBD dongle for around a hundred bucks, BUT, def has absolutely nothing to do with regens.

GearHead

Sep 13, 2016
Truck Year
I think this is something only the dealer can do... I had the check engine light go on, used my code reader to see what the problem was, turned out to be a Nox sensor, they forced a regen and it cleared up, light went off. Surely, it happened again but this time, my 3 month warranty was over lol... I simply clear the code myself but will be getting the full delete done, cheaper in the long run
If your reader can differentiate between upstream or downstream sensor it is fairly simple to replace the NoX sensor. I had the same issue with my 2500 RAM with the Cummins 6.7L (279K miles and change) and I identified the offending NoX sensor and replaced, no more codes.

The nationwide programmers for delete systems have been closed down by the EPA, I don't wonder if they monitor such websites and forums looking for word of mouth, manufacturers of delete hardware have also been shut down. I agree that some of the emission systems Mandated by EPA are shortening he life span and power of the diesel engine, but companies with a lot more time and money than I have tried to convince the EPA that specifically the EGR system could be removed, read CAT and Cummins, to no avail.