• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Miles per gallon, MPG, Mileage

Ic_65

Jun 8, 2020
Truck Year

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
TC,

The dealer is required by law to install the AEM but the owner is not. The owner can "opt out".

26. How do I get out of the Class Action Agreement?
If you do not want to receive the benefits provided by the Class Action Agreement, and you want to retain the right to sue the Defendants separately about the legal issues in this case, then you must take steps to remove yourself from the Class. You may do this by asking to be excluded from—sometimes referred to as “opting out of”—the Class. To do so, you must send a letter or other written document to the Claims Administrator. Your request must include: etc, etc

28. If I exclude myself, can I still get full benefits from the Class Action
Agreement?

No. If you exclude yourself, you will not get any of the monetary benefits provided by the Class Action Agreement. Under the Consent Decree, you would still be able to obtain an Approved Emissions Modification and Extended Warranty free of charge.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Yes, you can opt out of the action, (Class Action) Just that Action. The Truck must be COC approved AEM, that's why " you would still be able to obtain an Approved Emissions Modification and Extended Warranty free of charge" is My understanding.

Ic_65

Jun 8, 2020
Truck Year
Yes, you can opt out of the action, (Class Action) Just that Action. The Truck must be COC approved AEM, that's why " you would still be able to obtain an Approved Emissions Modification and Extended Warranty free of charge" is My understanding.
I thought i had the option to not do it regardless, no matter. I'd rather have the much better mpg. If they didn't complete the update, i can't explain the drop in my mpg after a low pressure fuel rail issue with basically a fuel filter change as ther fix.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
The problem is modules need to communicate, If you update the TCM or the ABS and its missing info needed from other modules it may trigger codes or messages. Smarty a few years back learn this the costly way, Tune included new updates to the ECM, but not the ICM, all Smarty owners lost their parking indicator. PRND21 on the dash after the safety recall.

CAVEMANN

Jan 5, 2020
Truck Year
Wouldn't there be an update "flash" sticker with the AO7 or whatever version number placed on the truck to show the latest software update?

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
No, if the tech just updated the module with the lighting bolt, I almost made the mistake Myself.WITECH.jpg

CAVEMANN

Jan 5, 2020
Truck Year
Thats a bit odd, The GM trucks I've had always got an "update sticker with the latest flash info when an update was done.

CAVEMANN

Jan 5, 2020
Truck Year
I kind of got that. It just seems kind of strange that it could happen like that, I can't afford witech, so I'll stick with ALPHAOBD & my AUTOENGINUITY scantool, but I need to update it, probably just replace it if I need it.

pylonracer

Sep 11, 2020
Truck Year
I just returned from a 2500 mile trip and at one point the computer showed 30.2, average for whole trip was 27.5. A 2018 Eco Diesel Laramie Edition. So far I'm very happy with truck, I have put on about 10000 myself, there was only 7000 when I bought it in January 2020. The only thing I don't care for is the U connect needs to have maps updated and the Car Play for my I phone quit working.
They are replacing my radio under warranty for the same thing. I have the exact same truck.

CAVEMANN

Jan 5, 2020
Truck Year
I filled up about 3 weeks ago, maybe a month & always hand calculate my mileage, that particular fill-up I netted 43.6 MPG, I don't know how, the only thing I can figure is that I somehow missed resetting the trip odometer, prior to the the best I had ever achieved was 28.6 something, & that was driving very conservatively.

Dlguzz

Sep 22, 2020
Truck Year
Not Listed
Just got my '21 Bighorn 2 weeks ago. Factory order, took 10 weeks. Crew cab, 4x4, 3.21 gears, 33 gallon tank. Everything stock. Two short trips in the mountains. 55-65 mph average and total miles driven approx 150 each trip. Average mpg for both trips has been 31 mpg on gauge and hand calculated. Overall driving: half time city and half time at 65 is averaging 26 mpg. We drive 80-85 on the interstate here, so obviously it's going to get ugly on those trips, but so far, super happy. Dave.

Dlguzz

Sep 22, 2020
Truck Year
Not Listed
Just a quick update to yesterday's reply. Just did my first full tank of fuel since the original top-off after vehicle purchase. Added 31 gallons. Average MPG was 24.5. Guage and Hand Calculated matched exactly, to the tenth. Driving was mixture of city, mountain, and local interstate at 65 mph. Mountain driving was mostly at 3-5k feet. Also a few mornings idling for short periods during warm up. So far, extremely happy with the mpg....my primary reason for getting diesel and large tank.