• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Muffler Delete

SaskStallion

Nov 20, 2023
Truck Year
Hi All.
I've done the EGR and DPF delete, and tunes with MRtuning stage 2 on my 2017.
I was thinking about also doing the muffler delete at some point.
Does anyone have any input on if this will change it he sound of the truck, or will it not make much of a difference, since the emissions stuff is already removed?
Is there anyone in the Edmonton, AB area with the muffler deleted, that maybe I can get a listen to?
Thanks in advance!

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
It makes a little deeper tone on the dual outlet setup. If I lay into it pulling a trailer it gets a little loud but nothing overbearing. Honestly I’m wondering if deleting the resonators would give me more noise. Overall it didn’t make as much difference as I was expecting but it makes it more throaty

SaskStallion

Nov 20, 2023
Truck Year
Thanks for the input.
I'm looking at a delete pipe on Lyell's website, and it only lists the Stainless Steel one on there for the EcoDiesel. There is an Aluminized one on there for $30 cheaper, but it says its for a Hemi. Aren't the exhaust systems the same (aside from the DPF to Turbo)?

Dec 14, 2015
Truck Year
I also did a muffler delete on my truck and the sound only increased slightly and do notice just a bit more power also. F.P. Thompson