• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

My First Review 2015 Ecodiesel Ram Darknight Tuning

Robert K

Oct 31, 2019
Truck Year
Hey.

I'm new here and not the greatest at typing or writing. I have a 2015 Ecodiesel. It has been a nightmare from basically day 1. I wish from the start someone would have educated me. Dealer knows less then nothing, local shops even less then that. I dont know how they can legally hand the keys to this truck to an unsuspecting diesel newb and tell them absolutely Nothing about how to use it.

Ive had just about everything go wrong with it you could imagine. A fried of mine had his Ecodiesel done by a place called darknight tuning. His runs amazing, his fuel mileage is incredible, its got way more power (like a sports car) and it never breaks or has a code. His oil is stays way cleaner and it even feels smoother.

So I looked them up. Found one of there ads and read through it. They only have a ultimate package avail which is super expensive. However the other place I looked into (wont) mention them, was going to be only 900 cheaper. Darknights package was everything, Full exhaust, Full EGR and cooler Delete, Full custom tune (they do there own tuning) and dont send out the ECM, they said theres only 2 places in Canada that do that. I didn't believe them so IWhen I picked it up I asked about it and they showed me the equipment and the tuning process of another truck in real time (next level silicon valley computer stuff)

When I talked to them on the phone (guy named bill) He almost was talking me out of doing it. Saying how if your not willing to do lots of special maintenence and research then switch to a gas truck. Seemed odd that he was not trying to convince me to do it?. He warned me several times that without lots of special care id be sorry. I decided to take the plunge and WOW.

Truck is Perfect now. No codes, No limp modes, Fixd my leaking EGR, Fixed everything, Its a Brand new truck and never in my dreams would I imagine this truck performing this well. I see everything wirelessly on my phone. My temps everything just like an EDGe monitor or something

I had a code right after and sent them an email. He said its probably the MAP sensor. I Figured id be buying one since it was nothing to do with the job. He said come by the shop. They Gave me one FREE. I called chrysler $166 and a 2 day wait. They put a brand new one in in 5 minutes at no charge? All they said was Tell anyone with an ecodiesel. So here I am

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
welcome to the group another happy customer where is darknight located

Robert K

Oct 31, 2019
Truck Year
They Have locations all over Canada. I think some in the US as well. But they said only there Cambridge Ontario Shop does the Ecodiesel so that theres no shipping of the ECM out to a third party.