• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

New Crate Motor, New Problem #1

thanatos74

Apr 12, 2022
Truck Year
Hello everyone,
I am still surprised that Dodge hasn't been taken to court and then flogged and flayed.
I read some of the questions that were recent and I guess that ecodiesel total recall (No pun intended) hasn't happened yet.
I have a 2014 Laramie Longhorn Limited 4x4.
Well, I was EXTREMELY fortunate and was able to get a new crate motor replacement, I think the part number is 5158048AH.
I'll spare everyone the long story of both trying to get this motor (took over a year and a half) and the nightmare I went through getting it installed and get straight to the point.
After getting the new motor installed, either driving it back to my RV or driving it the next day, a "Electronic Throttle Control" service error came up on the dash.
My question is, since this motor was installed by a licensed mechanic in Texas, shouldn't addressing this issue be under warranty? I checked with two dealers, one told me it would be a $200 diag fee, non refundable even if it was an issue with a part on the new motor. WTH? The second dealer has a relationship with the shop that installed my motor and they said to take it back there, (really don't want to do that)
Since this is a new motor install, what might be other possible causes?
Another issue I am having with my truck that I have read might be related is the dreaded "Exhaust Filter 100% Full, Dealer Service Required."
Are these two issues related? I understand the Exhaust Filter isn't a part of the new motor.
Any ideas on how to and in what order to address these issues?

Regards all,

Rob