• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

New Crate Motor, Problem #3

thanatos74

Apr 12, 2022
Truck Year
Hello all,

I have a 2104 Laramie Longhorn Limited 4x4 and I just had a complete replacement crate motor installed and I am not sure if this is issue that might have occurred during that motor install, but the 'drive mode' indicator isn't working. So I can't tell which mode the tranny is in. I can't find a fuse for this on in the manual.
Is there any chance that a connector from the transmission/transfer case could have been unplugged during engine removal and not plugged back in during engine installation?
Any ideas about where to start on this would be great. This is one of the few issues where I could not find anything even remotely helpful on the internet.

Regards all,

Rob

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
You would think the engine light would be on or service 4wd. I’d look all around the trans and transfer case, to see if something is hanging around

Ronald Doupe

Mar 18, 2018
Truck Year
Did you installt the crate engine yourself?, if you paid a shop to install it I think the first thing to do is contact them and have them fix it