• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

New EcoDiesel owner. Need help!!

Jeepcamper

Jun 25, 2023
Truck Year
2016 ram 1500, beautiful truck. Just bought it last weekend, used with 113,500 miles. Got a good deal on it, but no good thing goes unpunished. CEL on P0426 and P0428.
seems common, looks like temp sensor bank 1 sensor 1 reading high..

?1) what is the proper range that sensor should be reading? What if the sensor is fine and temp is accurately measured and high? I’m showing 1841* if I read that right!.

put 300 miles on it since I bought it. Never seen it do a regeneration. Today got warning filter is 100% take to dealer for service. And throttle warning came up at the same time..

Tried to to a forced regeneration from scan tool and it said conditions not met. Test aborted.

?2) do I need to replace the temp sensor, clear the code, then force regeneration?
Should I just take to dealer?

help!

Attachments

• IMG_4801.jpeg
    IMG_4801.jpeg
    217.5 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_4747.jpeg
    IMG_4747.jpeg
    319.6 KB · Views: 5

Tmckinney20

Nov 17, 2022
Truck Year
If it were mine I would let the deal I trust get it back on the road. Then work on learning how to force Regen the truck and/or work on the flaws. Once you work on it for a while you are the ins and outs and it's really not a bad truck. I have an 18 with 98k