• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

New here

Jdewar

Jul 31, 2023
Truck Year
Hi,
I have a 2015, deleted def, mild tune. Removed the stupid levelling kit that the previous owner put in. I use it for work so it always has something in the back and it sits nice with some weight in the back.
This truck is on its 3rd engine. All before I got it at 30k kms. Been ok since, other than random wiring harness issues and the def system barfing. Best move ever was def delete.
big mileage improvement after that garbage was removed!

Tmckinney20

Nov 17, 2022
Truck Year
Hi,
I have a 2015, deleted def, mild tune. Removed the stupid levelling kit that the previous owner put in. I use it for work so it always has something in the back and it sits nice with some weight in the back.
This truck is on its 3rd engine. All before I got it at 30k kms. Been ok since, other than random wiring harness issues and the def system barfing. Best move ever was def delete.
big mileage improvement after that garbage was removed!
How does removing the def increase the mileage? That's like replacing the tires to get brighter headlights. Doesn't make sense. Are you talking about the DPF/EGR system?

Jdewar

Jul 31, 2023
Truck Year
How does removing the def increase the mileage? That's like replacing the tires to get brighter headlights. Doesn't make sense. Are you talking about the DPF/EGR system?
So I did a delete on the def, went from 12.5 l/100km down to 10.2.
the dpf was removed and the def tank removed. I have had it since 30k km but once I did the delete at about 270k, it sure made a difference on the drivability and mileage.

Tmckinney20

Nov 17, 2022
Truck Year
So I did a delete on the def, went from 12.5 l/100km down to 10.2.
the dpf was removed and the def tank removed. I have had it since 30k km but once I did the delete at about 270k, it sure made a difference on the drivability and mileage.
Gotcha. My factory warranty is up in 500 miles. I'll probably remove the junk too.