• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

New owner with major concerns

Mar 30, 2019
Truck Year
Bought a '16 ED with 50k miles on it 3/16/19, I've owned the truck a total of 19 days. Engine light came on RAM dealer says the egr is leaking coolant. Nissan dealer I bought it from says they will only pay 30% to fix it and I've called FCA myself and told me it's not under warranty. My plan is to do a tune and emissions delete but wondering if I'm just going to keep having problems after that. The truck would be used as a "family" truck, don't have plans to tow anything unless needed but we do travel long distances. I guess the question is keep it and delete it or just give it back?

cs in Alabama

Feb 21, 2019
Truck Year
Here is an extract from the Consent Decree between FCA and the Government. Provided in the extract is the list of items that are covered by a warranty / service agreement to each owner of an Eco. The order should be signed in early May by the judge, it is already signed by FCA and the Government. You can wait until May if you want, or you can take this document by the dealer.

I think it is a very good truck and a good engine. I advise the greendieselengineering.com engine tune to put that EGR to sleep and get some other benefits like better turbo response, less regeneration, better fuel economy, etc.

You can get more details on the settlement at www.ecodieselsettlement.com It makes for some interesting reading.

Attachments

• Extract of extended warranty.pdf
    764.1 KB · Views: 12
Mar 30, 2019
Truck Year
Thanks. Would you do a full delete or just the tune? I know the tune disables the egr but it won't fix the leak and I understand the extended warranty will cover the leak I just figure get rid of the whole problem so it don't happen again

cs in Alabama

Feb 21, 2019
Truck Year
I would just do the tune. Your drive train is warranted up to 100k miles?

So wait and do the delete then. Once you do the delete your warranty is done. With the settlement warranty you also have the added coverage on the turbo and you get free diagnosis on any problem, regardless of cause.

I have one tuned ECM for using the truck and I have a factory tuned ECM for when I go to the dealership. You might want to do the same.

Mar 30, 2019
Truck Year
So the tune doesn't void the power train warranty?and/or the settlement warranty? But a delete will void them? Making sure I understood correctly...

Mar 30, 2019
Truck Year
Sorry
I would just do the tune. Your drive train is warranted up to 100k miles?

So wait and do the delete then. Once you do the delete your warranty is done. With the settlement warranty you also have the added coverage on the turbo and you get free diagnosis on any problem, regardless of cause.

I have one tuned ECM for using the truck and I have a factory tuned ECM for when I go to the dealership. You might want to do the same.
Sorry Didn't see the last paragraph on this, I believe I got it now

cs in Alabama

Feb 21, 2019
Truck Year
That really doesn't worry me so much as the dealer deciding to overwrite my ECM while they have it. The tune is actually very good for your truck's longevity.