• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

New to eco diesel

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
Welcome! It’s only a mistake if you think of it as one. If you maintain the engine properly, change your fuel filter with your oil change, drive the truck on long trips(stop and go is terrible for these), and for the love of god look into a tune to allow for the egr to stop functioning, then the truck tends to live a happy life.

Rkbdca

Apr 14, 2021
Truck Year
Awesome just got it 90000 miles. What can I do myself. Love the truck!

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
Tunes are available from a few places, sofaking tuned, hd diesel, and I think there’s two more that turn the egr off. If you have a computer it’s a fairly straight forward process.

As far as oil changes, 6-8k is as far as you want to go between changes. Fuel filters are 10-15k

I bought mine with 113k, tuned at 132k and have 150k on it now. Glow plugs are a pain if they fail but a good diesel mechanic can get you straight.