• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

New to ECO

Eelina316

Mar 26, 2024
Truck Year
Hey everyone! Bought a 2015 end of Jan 2024 @145k miles and it's been in the shop about 50 of those 60 days. It's springing leaks from anywhere it can. Took it in for coolant, turned out it was the water pump. Ok understandable but then it was there oil cooler and then the timing cover and valve gaskets and now it's transmission cooling lines. What could be causing all these leaks? Seems like it's one after another. Fix one and bam another springs up.

It was deleted before purchase, bought from a major dealership not some by here pay here lot.

BTdriver

Aug 30, 2018
Truck Year
Two possible situations come to mind:
1 - The truck sat for a while at the lot and seals/gaskets got dried out.
2 - The dealership is "milking" you.
Please don't flame me for saying #2. The simple fact is that some do it and some don't. I don't know if your dealer does or doesn't.
My suggestion would be, when the dealer points out a leak, to take it home and look at it yourself or have a trusted friend take a look. Maybe it's a simpler fix than a few hundred dollars at the dealer. Note: I'm a retired jet engine mechanic and I do almost all my own repairs.

Hope this helps. YMMV.

Eelina316

Mar 26, 2024
Truck Year
Two possible situations come to mind:
1 - The truck sat for a while at the lot and seals/gaskets got dried out.
2 - The dealership is "milking" you.
Please don't flame me for saying #2. The simple fact is that some do it and some don't. I don't know if your dealer does or doesn't.
My suggestion would be, when the dealer points out a leak, to take it home and look at it yourself or have a trusted friend take a look. Maybe it's a simpler fix than a few hundred dollars at the dealer. Note: I'm a retired jet engine mechanic and I do almost all my own repairs.

Hope this helps. YMMV.
Well I'm hoping it's the first because the dealership I bought it from (GM dealer) is footing the bill for it all (at Dodge dealer). I kinda threw it being sold to me deleted unknowingly at them and they bowed down and agreed to fix all the leaks

BTdriver

Aug 30, 2018
Truck Year
Well, since the GM dealer is footing the bill, let the Dodge dealer make sure all is good and enjoy! Frankly, as long as you don't have to pass emissions for registration, the delete will improve engine life, MPG, and power.