• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

New to me 2014

extrememarine

Nov 20, 2023
Truck Year
Hello.

I bought a 2014 Ram Ecodiesel back in May; we replaced a 2002 F150 that Michigan winters had turned the frame into swiss cheese...

I found this '14 locally, a single owner truck with 116,000 miles on it. It's is a fairly plain jane crew cab with the shorter 5'7" bed. I had spent about 6 months hunting for a replacement for the F150. We visited a local Ram dealer in the beginning, but sticker shock ($64k for a V6 crewcab!) sent me looking in the used market. I had borrowed my brothers '16 ecodiesel Ram to tow our horse trailer back in December 2022 - one trip and I was sold on how that motor package performed.

We put 10k miles on the truck between June 1st and November; it's my daily driver along with tow rig for when my wife and daughter go to horse shows.

This truck did not have a trailer brake controller, so I purchased and installed one; along with updating the coding for the brake controller to show up on the dash menu via a bluetooth OBD reader and the AlphaOBD app.

I found a deal on a Leer cap locally.

I added a Pedal Commander to help with the throttle response lag. I do plan on a tune (my brother's '16 is deleted and tuned) at some point.

Next project is to replace the lift pump in the tank. It has the original pump in it - the original owner did not have it replaced under the recall extended warranty, and now it's outside of the mileage limit for that. His fix was to keep the tank above 1/2 full. I had one instance of it shutting down on me on the highway after we bought it - the tank was just at 1/4 tank. A new Delphi pump will be here this week and I'll work through dropping the tank and swapping that out.

These online forums have been a great resource about the ecodiesel - I appreciate the effort that goes into keeping one of these alive (I run one for the motorcycle model that I own).

Thanks,

Wayne near Detroit.

2023-07-07 20.09.40.jpg

2023-06-11 09.36.01.jpg

Attachments

• 2023-06-11 09.36.01.jpg
    2023-06-11 09.36.01.jpg
    604.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 2023-07-16 20.01.36.jpg
    2023-07-16 20.01.36.jpg
    435.6 KB · Views: 0